To produce relevant, compelling and factually correct news, analysis, feature and multimedia content for News24 and its national audience on subjects and events affecting the Eastern Cape to deadline each day.
• Investigate and research article content for news, analysis and feature stories on newsworthy subjects and events across the Eastern Cape.
• Produce enterprise news ideas and stories focusing on the Eastern Cape which will set the national news agenda.
• Produce breaking news according to News24’s standards and norms.
• Maintain and grow a diverse network of contacts across the Eastern Cape, including, but not limited to, emergency services, police, courts, municipalities and major political parties.
• Write quality news and feature articles, adhering to strict deadlines.
• Create target-market-specific articles and multi-media content.
• Generate at least two feature ideas a month.
• Adhere to the quality, style and content standards as laid out and required by News24.
• Comply with the requirements of the South African Press Code.
Skills and competencies:
• A strong and deep understanding of the Eastern Cape, its people and the social, economic, current and political affairs of the province.
• The ability to identify, initiate and generate original news angles on a daily basis.
• Excellent command of English.
• The ability to produce quality content under high pressure.
• A self-starter with good time management skills and discipline to keep to deadlines.
• Sound news judgment.
• Passion for and knowledge of digital media.
Qualifications and experience:
• Relevant tertiary qualification.• At least three years’ experience as a news reporter in a mainstream newsroom.
Closing date: 14 February 2020